Businesses all over the world, even in Nigeria, have advanced from the normal Tv, radio, flyer, magazine etc. adverts to the internet because it is cost effective and has the potential of reaching a greater number of prospective clients.
1) It is cheaper using the internet and its resources as a means of marketing your products and services.
2) Your products and services are exposed to the whole world
3) It is easier and with the advancement in the internet technology, sales can be made quicker.
4) It reduces the unnecessary travel time, such that meetings can be held in separate offices and even different countries with the use of video calling applications.
5) With the use of online stores, merchants can display their products and services to generate leads and sales.
6) You can add your business to various directories and register your business on google, in order to expose your business information more.
7) The use of the internet reduces the cost of communication especially when the parties involved are in different states or countries.
8) You can transfer transaction files, forms and documents via the internet to ease and fasten the process of business transactions.
9) Networking is a very important aspect of succeeding in business and the internet makes it very easy and aids people in connecting with each other through social media platforms.
10) You can find relevant, educative and innovative information, as well as, resources at ease via the internet to remain up to date and even ahead of your contemporaries.
Now you have known the benefits of the internet to your business, but how do we use it effectively?
- They want comprehensive and credible information about your products and services.
- They want you to be able to prove you have a level of control over the products and services
- They want to have an idea of the visual appearance (pictures) of your products.
- They want to know the specifications of your products.
- They want to know the benefits of your products and services.
- They want to be guaranteed that they can be compensated in case of a fault.
If you can fulfil the above, you will gain their trust and even though they may not need your services when they come across your information or your product does not meet their requirements, you should be rest assured that they will want to contact you when they need such services or refer you to someone who needs it. Also, they can go to the extent of asking you for a similar product, not in your portfolio, because they are confident of your services.
Some business owners have embraced the internet to the extent of getting a Website for their business so that prospective clients can somehow come across their services and patronise them.
Internet marketing can be more effective is by using online shops, since their job is to help you promote your products through their platform, as well as social media channels, to prospective clients, to a great extent. There are free and paid ones, and the ones you make use of will be dependent on how good their services are and how much you are willing to spare for such services. Nevertheless, I will advise you to use as many as possible because you get more exposure and have a greater chance of generating leads. You can also use social media platforms to promote your products and services as well.
If you want to know how to promote your business through facebook page, you can click here
In conclusion, the internet is very important to your business such that it is cost effective and can generate leads when used effectively. If you use the principle stated above on what customers expect to see when surfing the internet, as well as, effectively use online platforms, you will definitely succeed in your business.
You can ask questions, which will be addressed accordingly by commenting below
We look forward to hearing from you so can help you in advancing your business.