If you are reading this article it means you have just completed the tutorial on how to create a facebook page for your business ,on our website, or you already have a facebook page and want to know how to effectively promote your business through it.
Either way, welcome!
Let’s start by making sure everyone is on the same page.
First, you should uploaded a cover image and profile image of your company. Please note that these images should be of your company and not personal pictures. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Click on the higher camera icon to upload the cover image
- Click on the lower camera icon to upload your profile image
- As soon as you are done with uploading your images, the next thing is to post updates.
- Engage your clients and Page visitors by posting updates on information that will benefit them and will make them refer you when it comes to that aspect. For instance, there are many businesses out there that do similar things but you will need to bring to the limelight what makes you unique and stand out from the rest. The more you focus on one aspect of your services, the more you become a lord in that aspect and the more people will identify with you, as well as refer you when they are in need or know someone who is in need of such services.
- You should take into consideration that your facebook page is not for just uploading products and services but rather information to educate clients and page visitors. It is a rule in social media that 80% of post should be on things that will interest the customer and 20% on products and services display.
When posting things that may interest customers or page visitors, try as much as possible to upload pictures relevant to the post as a way to attract them because posts without pictures do not engage facebook users compared to those that have pictures. Use yourself as an example, how many posts are you attracted to on the basis of having pictures or not (food for thought).
- Now that you have uploaded posts, you need to invite people to see these posts by clicking on the button beside message, which opens up a dropdown for to click on Invite Friends. Invite as many friends as possible, if you have many friends.
- Join Relevant Groups: As a member of a group, especially open groups, you will be able to post things in the group as well as share things from your page to the group. To find facebook groups you simply need to type keywords in the search field at the top and click on the search and join the ones you are interested in. It is advisable to join the groups that are dominated by those within your country. In this case, Nigeria.
- Another thing you can do is to create a group by clicking on the Create Group link located at the left side of your facebook page. Creating a group is similar to creating a page. The major differences between a page and a group are that you invite people to like a page, and it’s on their discretion, while you can add people to a group with or without their permission. Another thing is that when you post on a page, those who have liked your page may see them when they login to facebook but those in your group will get email notification whenever you post on the group page
- Promote Posts: In order to get money, you need to spend a considerable amount of money. With this said, you need to do paid ads for your post. Let me give you a tip on how to, as they say, “Kill 2 birds with one stone”, and save money on facebook ads. Rather than paying for facebook likes for your page, simply create an engaging post and boost the post. The benefit of this is that it will not only generate likes for the post but will also increase likes for your page, as well as increase the number if impressions you would have normally gotten if you only promoted your page.
We hope this has been useful to you and as time goes on we will continue updating you on tips to help improve your business services.
If you have questions and want more information on how to use social media for your business, you can simply post a reply by commenting and it will be responded to according.