I am glad to finally say that the long awaited Instagrams Ads is now active for Nigerian advertisers.
For some time now a number of people have asked me about Instagram adverts as compared to Facebook Adverts to the extent that I had to attempt placing an ad myself, so I can understand how it works and the requirements.
Unfortunately, the first time I tried it, it was not fully functional, since it was still in the development stage. I kept on checking back until now, when I found out some things which were not available before while creating a campaign for Instagrams Ads were now visible.
After some trial and error, I eventually figured how to create a campaign for Instagram Ads and I am more than happy to share.
At first, it was a bit of a long process but now they have made it really easy. So for those who are trying this for the first time, seat back and follow these steps accurately:
Creating Your Instagram Ad
- Click on Create Ads by clicking on the drop down arrow, located at the top, extreme right of the page, as shown in the image below
- After clicking on Create Ads, you will be directed to a page which will load options for the campaign
- Select any option that best suits your purpose. Please Note: The option has to be compatible with Instagram. E.g.
Boost your posts (Page Post Engagement)
Send people to your website (Clicks to Website)
Increase conversions on your website (Website Conversions)
Get Installs of your app (Mobile App Installs)
Increase engagement in your app (Mobile App Engagement), or
Get video views (Video Views)
- Increase brand awareness (Brand Engagement)
- For this tutorial, we would select Increase brand awareness and click continue
- After selecting the Campaign Objective, you will need to set the Ad by choosing your Audience, Placements as well as Budget & Schedule. Audience has to do with the Location, Age, Gender, etc. Placements has to do with how your ads will show (Automatic is recommended). And Budget & Schedule has to do with how much you are will to spend either on a daily basis or your total budget. Also the time period you want the Ad to run
- Next is the Ad Format, with the Page and Text. Here you will need to select whether you want an image or video advert or use an existing post
- You will then be required to select your facebook page, connect your Instagram account
- Next, in the Ad Preview on the right, select Instagram, to indicate that you want the campaign to be done on Instagram. Also you will need to add the URL you want people to be directed to, as well as the Campaign Header and Description text. When you have finished filling the info, simply click on the Place Order Button and you are done
- On the other hand, if you had selected an existing post, you may get a notification that Your Ad’s Reach May Be Lower. You can ignore this and click on the Place Order Button, because it is a post and the amount of text should not be an issue.
For more info, check out Get Started Advertising on Instagram
Please do not hesitate to ask questions or contributions below.
Also if you need assistance, we are at your service by filling the form below